D'banj & Don Jazzy perform together at Dotun & Taiwo's wedding
A match made in music heaven. Imagine if these two reconcile and start doing music together again. The former Mo'Hit Record bosses performed three of their hit songs at Dbanj's sister's wedding today. They performed Fall in Love, Endowed and my favorite, Suddenly. D'banj called Don Jazzy to join him on stage and he obliged. Heard they gave a good performance.

D'banj and Don Jazzy, may God touch your hearts...Amin! :-)

Henry Dozie Saturday, 3 August 2013
Check out Angelo Collin's stunning girlfriend in the real world
This is the lady Beverly Osu's man, Angelo Collins was dating before he entered the BBA house. Her name is Candice Arends. She's a model and beauty technician living in South Africa. Oh, and she's watching everything that's going on between her man and Bev. She was re-tweeting a lot of stuff about Angelo but has stopped since he started making out with Bev.

But you know what they, a man who hasn't put a ring on any lady's finger is fair game, right ladies? Hehe. Bev and Angelo are already professing love for each other. We'll all have to wait and see how this plays out after the lovebirds leave the BBA house. Continue

Henry Dozie
Rivers crisis: Pres. Jonathan withdraws JTF soldiers, armored cars from Gov's lodge?
That is what Sahara Reporters is reporting. According to SR, about 30 soldiers guarding the Governor's lodge have been summarily withdrawn by the Brigade Commander in charge of the Joint Task Force (JTF) in Port Harcourt at the orders of President Goodluck Jonathan.

SaharaReporters also reports that the soldiers took with them two Armored Personnel Cars (APC) usually stationed at Government House.
 
A military source allegedly told SR that the removal of the soldiers was ordered from Abuja. He warned that things might get bloodier in the state capital with the JTF gone from Government House leaving the security of the governor and his aides in the hands of a few police officers and State Security Services agents.

Henry Dozie Thursday, 11 July 2013

10 people confirmed dead as 3-storey building collapses in Lagos

A 3-storey building located at Oloto street in the Ebute Metta area of Lagos collapsed in the early hours of this morning as residents slept. Ten dead bodies have so far been pulled out of the rubble while 7 people, including two children have been rescued alive. Many people are said to be trapped under the rubble as rescue efforts from the Lagos State Ambulance Service (LASAMBUS), Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) and other agencies continue...
Henry Dozie
COULD THIS BE TRUE?
"WE are seeking forgiveness from the people over the number of people killed in the country. I appeal to those who lost their loved ones to our activities to forgive us and on our side we have forgiven all those who committed atrocities against us. I want to state clearly that we have no hands in the unfortunate attack on the secondary school.”



With these words, Imam Muhammadu Marwana, an influential member of the Abubakar Shekau-led Boko Haram sect, on Monday confirmed a ceasefire agreement with the Federal Government to end their deadly activities across most states of Northern Nigeria, which have claimed about 4,000 lives and destroyed properties worth billions of Naira since 2009.

The agreement came exactly 82 days after the Federal Government raised a 25-man committee to work out modalities for granting the amnesty to the sect.

Also, the Federal Government has confirmed that it had signed a ceasefire agreement with the militant group. Minister of Special Duties and Chairman of the Peace and Dialogue Committee in the North, Alhaji Tanimu Turaki announced the ceasefire agreement on the Hausa service of Radio France International in Kano.

The announcement came on the eve of the Muslim Holy month of Ramadan expected to start Wednesday.

President Goodluck Jonathan's Minister of Special Duties, Alhaji Tanimu Turaki said:

“We have sat down and agreed that Jama’atu Ahlul Sunnah Lidda’awati wal Jihad, known as Boko Haram will lay down their arms as part of the agreement so as to end the insurgency. Government agreed with ceasefire and will look into ways to ensure that the troops relax their activities till the final take off of the ceasefire.”

Confirming the truce, Boko Haram agent, Imam Muhammadu Marwana, said: “This ceasefire, in sha’Allahu, from the time I am talking to you (Radio France Hausa Service) we have ceasefire because of the discussion held so as to have peace over this struggle.”

Sounding apologetic during the Radio news, Imam Marwana declared that “I appeal to those who lost their loved ones to our activities to forgive us and on our side we have forgiven all those who committed eatrocities against us”

Henry Dozie
Information reaching us reports that students under the aegis of Nigerian Education Rights Coalition and Coalition Against Commercialization of Education in Nigeria today embarked on street protests in Lagos. The protest has brought traffic to a standstill on Lagos main road, Ikorodu road.
   The protest which started with a handful of students protesting against Nigerian government insensitivity to ongoing strike by university and polytechnic teachers has steadily grown in the last hour.


Security Operatives were seen trying to break up the protest but the students have so far stood their ground and proceeded peacefully in defiance of the police.

Would you join this protest if it was in your area?
Henry Dozie

Search Blog